1. Provide high-level expertise of interpersonal skills in order to effectively enroll and acclimate participants into Big Brothers Big Sisters’ one-to-one mentoring program(s).
2. Provide high-level expertise in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function.
3. Responsible for documenting accurate, timely and comprehensive professional assessments and database entry per national and agency standards.
4. Conduct thorough review of professional assessments of match participants and make recommendations for appropriate match relationships which will yield positive outcomes.
5. Assess needs and recommend individual training, information and support for each match participant to assure a positive youth development experience for the child, a high level of support and engagement for the family, and a successful and satisfying experience for the volunteer.
6. Coordinate with team members to ensure all new match relationships are successfully introduced and have obtained the appropriate levels of support to establish and develop their one-to-one relationship.
Program Functions (Specialized, temporary support)
1. Ensure assigned school-based program, contact with and among match participants, and initiatives are operating within program guidelines.
2. Continually assess match relationships focusing on: child safety, match relationship development, positive youth development, family engagement and volunteer satisfaction. Address and resolve real and/or potential problems and barriers once identified.
3. Apply strategic interventions to identify and strengthen match relationships that require extra support to continue to grow the match relationship.
4. Provide information and refer resources to youth and/or families in need of additional support or services. Maintain contact to ensure the parties in need have obtained the appropriate resources and are on a path to resolution and/or success.
1. Help in other program areas as part of the team when needed; attend events as requested by the agency.
2. Assist in program development and strategies for growth through participation with workgroups.
3. Assist in defining and meeting deliverables and/or outcomes for the Program team.
4. Regularly and consistently demonstrate the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio values and guiding principles.
5. Perform other duties as assigned.
-Must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's degree
-Must be willing to work minimum of 40 hours/week
-Must be willing to work evening and weekends as required
-Must be willing to work with diverse populations and in diverse areas
-Must be flexible to accommodate job responsibilities
-Must have viable transportation and valid drivers' license to meet job responsibilities
-Must have high level of organization
-Must have working knowledge of Microsoft Office
-Must be willing to participate in professional development activities (25 hours required annually)
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer